Women Goes Nuts in Snack Aisle
A woman was spotted late Tuesday afternoon laying into her daughter at the local supermarket, aisle 11. According to eyewitnesses the girl had been repeatedly bombarding her mother with "Can I"s since entering the store 45 minutes earlier.
The green grocer saw the foursome enter the store that afternoon.
"Things looked like they were going okay," he said. "The older boy was pushing the cart skewampus every now and then, and the toddler did throw a few tomatoes. But nothing too out of the ordinary."
The group was reported to progress to the bulk bin area, where the chaos began to get the better of the mother.
"She tried to keep the kids busy with tasks," said an anonymous shopper. "The little girl was writing numbers on the tags and the older boy was carrying the list. But then I saw the girl stuff several tags into the mother's pockets. She didn't even notice. I knew she was doomed then."
But eyewitnesses say that it was the list that set the toddler off.
"He was screeching at the tops of the lungs," said an older patron. "'Draw! Draw!' It really hurt my ears."
The women at the deli counter did not mince words.
"Really, it makes our customers uncomfortable when babies cry. I don't know why she didn't leave then. She could have avoided the uglier scene to come," said one.
By the time the mother wheeled the careening cart to the refrigerated meat, all pandemonium had broken loose. Eyewitnesses allege that the older boy was hanging off the side of the cart, which tipped precariously, while the girl danced up and down the aisles, oblivious to her mother's entreaties.
"The little girl was begging for Lunchables. Practically crying," said a fellow shopper. "But the mom said no. That didn't go over well."
It was when the raucous children entered the snack aisle that the mother reportedly lost her cool.
Nearby shoppers gawked in open curiosity as she scolded the little girl for throwing a fit in the aisle over a bag of cookies. The mother allegedly took a privilege away for the evening, in attempt to regain control.
"But I saw her grab the cookies as she left, muttering something about being happy," said an anonymous source. "After all that and she gives in!"
She was later seen by the checkout opening said bag of cookies and dispensing them to all three of her victorious children.
"I asked her how she was," said the cashier. "She muttered something about 'serving me right' and stuffed a cookie in her mouth. I didn't feel bad for her. Everyone knows you should never bring your kids to the store at 5 p.m., and I don't even have kids!"
At press time, the mother's representative declined to comment on the incident.
Lesson learned.

7 comments:
hey julia i added you to my side bar. I loved catching up reading your blog. talk soon
That's hilarious. I'm sure not funny at the time, but the way it's written now, hilarious.
HILARIOUS! Great idea--and it sounds just like one of my shopping outings.
HAhaha! Good one.
That was so funny! You need to publish, my dear.
Been there - OK, so not quite since my kids are a bit younger and yours are probably a little more conniving, no reflection on you of course, just their age. Anyway, I totally view this post as a flash forward of things to come in my own Mommy world.
You write fabulously! I'm not surprised - everything you do, you do well. Myself, well I'm not much of a writer, but I give it my best go. If you haven't had time to peruse much of my blog yet make sure you check out this post: http://constantinechaos.blogspot.com/2007/12/does-jesus-have-potty.html
Hopefully that link will come through when I post this comment. I think I did OK on the writing end of things there. Anyway - this is way too long of a comment, so I'll quit now. Love the blog - I'll be back for sure.
Was this AP or Reuters? It certainly wasn't written by some amateur local paper person. Fantastic!
Post a Comment