1.15.2010

Painters and Lazy Circles in the Night Sky

Tonight we started our first-ever painting project.  And when I say we, I mean my usual me.  Not that DH was lackadaisical about his support and effort.  He taped like a champ for a good 45 minutes and *BEEP* saved by the bells.  He was paged to this hospital to take care of a sick kid.

And even though I've only been at for 3 hours, I've learned some life-altering lessons:

+  I now know why there are professional painters and why people are willing to pay them unnamely sums to do their work.

+  For the rest of my life I and my needs will have to take a back seat to sick kids.  I'm pretty okay with that.  But sometimes I wish they didn't need him.  And then I feel like a Grade A Jerk.  Because who doesn't want to help a sick kid?

+  That Hatian people are really hurt and sick and need our help.  But I kinda wondered when Pres. Obama pledged 100 million dollars in aid, whose money was he really sending?  Because I thought we were out of money.  I wonder if the Chinese are okay with these little agreement.

+  I need to file my taxes early this year.  I don't want an "IOU."

+  I should really wear gloves while painting.  Because apparently I paint like I eat.  Messy.

+  My child are the world's worst sleepers.  They're up there whispering right now and it's 2:30 a.m.

+  Do you think a professional painter would mind so much if I paged him at this time of night to come help a sick mom?  As in, sick in the head.  What was I thinking???

+  I should try to be more lackadaisical.

4 comments:

Francais Frit said...

Oh man, so many good pointers here.

Good call on the taxes. I am always somewhere between- what if we OWE $, then I better put it off and not htink about it.... but what if we GET oney?!?! Don't want an IOU etiher....

p.s. I LOVE TO PAINT. You can pay me in chocolate cakes.

Gardener said...

Being the economists wife, you know which parts I laughed out loud at! We got out of CA just in time, right?

Sorry about the painting, but I love to paint and actually did it full time one summer at BYU. Hopefully one day I'll be able actually use those skills (when we are not renters anymore).

By the way, I love reading all your posts. They always put a smile on my face!

Kimberly said...

I am with Jess, I think we should both come out and paint! I love to PAINT!!

Gail said...

We always bite off more than we can chew, you and I, but we are brilliant when the adrenaline kicks in at about 3:00 a.m. The biggest problem for me is not finishing (ie cleaning up the mess.) I'll be thinking about you.