BUT we finished!!!! I've decided that I am not a good racer. Bummer, because I've already signed up for 1 Tri, 1 Eppie's and DH and I are planning to sign up for a marathon. If you had reminded me of that at mile 11 this morning, I would have spat in your face and flipped you off. That's how low my blood sugar dropped. An altered mind was what we were dealing with.
I've decided that if I'm ever in charge of a race I will make sure that there is yummy fruit along the way. And that the flavor of Gatorade is NOT lemon. Yuck. And post-race there will cream cheese to go with the bagels. And medals that don't look like you're son's scouting awards.
But there will be the lady who was out in front of her house at mile 6 offering Bloody Marys. That got me to laugh. I'm just thankful that she wasn't at mile 11, or I would have taken her up on her offer and made a real run for it.

7 comments:
Holy CRAP, why did you only eat ONE egg this morning??? CRAZY! Before a race is the time where I try to down as many calories as possible because there really is not many things worse than the feeling of bonking. I don't think you will bonk again:-). Once you have experienced it, it usually is avoided at all costs. Good job!
I so feel your pain. On my half marathon, I somehow forgot to drink water before and during the race, resulting in dehydration and vomitting. I think nerves and anticipation mess with our brains. It's the training part that I love, because without that race scheduled in the distance, I talk myself out of training. Good luck with the upcoming races!
You go girl! You have always amazed me with your running! Congrats on finishing the race!
Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment! I don't have your email address, so if you still want to learn couponing email me at beckychatwin@gmail.com.
Oh, yeah for you!
When you organize a race, every other mile will have bite sized homemade CARAMELS for a little calorie pick me up.
I'll store a few in your bike helmet and your kayak for Eppie's ;)
What a great accomplishment! I so miss seeing you pounding the belt on the treadmill at the gym. Good luck with the marathon!
I would pay to see you flip someone off. I think even with an altered mind you wouldn't actually do it. :)
Post a Comment