Note: I wrote this at midnight 2 days ago on my iPhone ...
I'm stuck in a room with a sick little girl who won't let me leave the room. So I guess that means I have to to pick out apost on my phone! This could interesting.
This afternoon I had a 2 1/2 hour nap that end at 6 this evening. I woke up to the sound of Honey banging on my door and I was completely disorientated. One glance at the clock told me it was 6, and judging by the complete darkness I was immediately convinced it was 6 am. Did I have dinner and not remember? Was it morning? Honey was the first one up, not so unusual I thought. Everything seemed upside down. I couldn't remember anything happening the night before. What did I do that I couldn't remember? After realizing it wasting Saturday I thought I probably just had my closet experience with a hangover that I'll ever have.
Last night was our church Christmas party. I actually avoided being ill (though it's here now ... Yay! I could use to lose a quick 5 lbs.). The party went smoothly, it was the pre-party that was bit rough. Little C has gotten really good at identifying the times when Mom's hands are full, so it's a great time to create chaos.
As I was trying to get the 3 hams out of the house and into the car, he whipped Honey into such a frenzy. They were tearing up and down the halls screaming as I'm trying to shout over them, "get into the car!" All of which was ignored by C, by Honey obliged. He got into the van, locked the doors and layed on the horn. Not a polite "toot, toot." but and unyielding continuous blare. I believe he learned it during our last trip to Utah, where we dubbed such a honk as a "Utah Honker" because we heard it more than once. Of course, the keys were nowhere to be found. I'm frantically searching and quietly swearing until they were found and the little honker removed. He did get a spank for that one.
We are laughing about it now. At the time I was laughing too. But man, that kid! I can't figure him out. His face looks like he was mugged. He ran away twice this week. Both times he was headed for the open road, once to go to the store and the second time to go to the church.
Guess what Santa might be bringing him? A GPS chip implant. I worry all the time that he'll get seriously injured or frozen outside because he slipped out of the house.
Any advice from moms who have had runners?
4 years ago

1 comment:
You're so funny! Although it might be harder with the older kids, we have a lock higher up on the door (and by high, I mean probably Miss A and up could reach it) and it is a key lock on both sides. Lane and I have the only keys -- on our keychains. I lock that at night and when I go take a shower to prevent Elliot from running to the street again. Just a thought. Of course, your kids are older and C's a little ingenius -- they might find a way to break loose with that.
Post a Comment