10.08.2007

Festival on the brain



We went to my parents' this weekend, where the kids climbed trees in the jungle-like backyard. Mr. M was funny. At the end of conference he was completely bored and frustrated that we had sat around all weekend. He expressed what I remember feeling as a child: "I'm soooo bored, I hate conference." It was hard to punish him when I once felt the same way, but did so out of principle.



Conference weekend is always a good time to sit around (a lot) and think about all of the things that you need to get done. This weekend I thought a lot about how much stuff I have left to do for the Festival. For those of you unfamiliar with my current time black hole, the Festival of Trees is a charity event that I was asked to participate in. It's a good cause (the homeless) but it really has been a frustrating/learning experience for me. I'm still in the middle of it, so no happy endings yet.

So I've been VERY preoccupied with everything crafty, drawing patterns, planning kits, cutting wood, painting and surfing the internet to see what great ideas are out there. I hope I've come up with some good stuff, otherwise, nothing will sell and it will be a flop. It could still flop if none of these crafts get made. Here are the list of crafts to date:
Whimsical Stitchings
Vinyl board blocks
Vinyl lettered boards
Christmas card magnet board
Magnets (bubble and springy bells)
Christmas aprons
Tabletop decor
Stockings
Christmas pillowcases
Nativity puzzle
Christmas Cocoa cones

All of the above are being made by my stake. And nothing is done yet, so no pictures of finished products. But I will post some as soon as I have something to show for all my thinking!



On a side note, here is my Christmas gift to my mom last year. I've seen a ton of other blogs mention silhouettes lately (including Miq's). These were super easy and fun to do. We need to add the rest of the grandkids on the wall.

Too-da-loo!

2 comments:

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Hey there...
I'm LOVING your silhouettes...can't wait to actually FINSIH mine (nope not done yet...and with the kids home all week, it doesn't look promising to finish them this week!).
When is your Festival of Trees? I would really love to come....does that sound crazy? But you know me. And you know I am crazy. So- details please? I love ALL your ideas and know they will be fabulous. You're brave to take it on.

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

that was supposed to say FINISH- oops!