11.13.2008

OverDUE Giveaway: Day 1

Here's how this is going to work:  Every morning I will put up a new giveaway and post the winner of the previous day's giveaway.  For a chance at winning,  just leave a comment on the post of the giveaway day by 11:59 p.m.  The winner is responsible for emailing me their information (name, shipping address, etc.) at imoverdue@comcast.net.  If I don't put up a post, you know I've gone into labor (except on Sunday ... no giveaways on Sunday, the day of rest, my most busy day of the week).  Yeah!  Thanks for playing and distracting me during these days ... weeks ... hopefully not months.

Today's Giveaway:  I Feel Pretty

Every woman who has been pregnant knows that in the last months, you feel far from pretty, witty and gay.  More like frumpy, dumpy and grumpy.  But we try, oh how we try.  One of my traditions (since I've been overdue every single pregnancy) is to get a pedicure with my mom on the day of my due date.  So yesterday, she, my sister and I went out and got a little pampered.   So that's where this idea came from.  The prize is a mini-pedicure kit, foot scrub, and a collection of neutral makeup (eye shadow, plumping lip gloss and dark red nail polish) from ELF makeup.  So maybe while I feel like a troll ... maybe you'll feel glamorous!  


To enter, just leave a comment about what makes you feel pretty ... or just leave a comment.  Good luck!

18 comments:

Carrie said...

My husband tells me every day that I'm beautiful, even though I never believe him. He makes me feel pretty.

Bri!!! said...

I feel the prettiest when I shave...everywhere if you know what I mean, and actually get ready:-).

Bekah said...

contacts and lipgloss do it for me.

Anonymous said...

when my son tells me he likes me better without "that black stuff" (aka mascara) on my eyes!

Megan said...

I'm not much of a make-up girl... now that I have nice skin from pregnancy (which goes away promptly at the end), I don't wear ANY. Except for sunday. moisturizer and chapstick are the only things I put on my face now-a-days.

I just had to say that I was laughing out loud after reading how you aren't feely pretty, more frumpy, dumpy and grumpy. The end of days, ahhh. Thanks for the laugh!

Cheralyn said...

Check you out.... overdue but still ambitious and doing nice things for others! You rock. (selfishly I hope you go really overdue - more chances for me to win a prize) :) Miss our soccer practice talks!

Erika said...

I feel pretty when I get my hair cut or highlighted and they style my hair. I am not very good at doing my own hair, so I usually don't try. So I guess that means I feel pretty oh, about once every 3 months LOL.

Kimberly said...

I hadn't checked your blog until now and had no idea what you were talking about at the park when you mentioned your giveaway. I figured I missed part of the conversation or something. LOL!

I can't believe you are doing giveaways for others when you are overdue...who does that?!? You are one amazing female!

Laura C. said...

I feel pretty when I wear a skirt/dress. Something about being more feminine...

rebecca said...

OK I feel pretty when i take the time to do my hair and put on makeup...even if its chapstick, mascara and a headband. Maybe its because like my little one, I like looking in the mirror. Maybe its because I actually have taken those 5-10 minutes for myself. So even if I end up with dark circles, spit up on the shoulder, and messed up hair, I can still think I look good.

Sassy said...

So, I'm curious - this is a game to keep your mind off your overdue-ness? When I grow up, i want to be just like you! :D I have to agree with Erika - i feel pretty when i get my hair cut and/or colored. I think that's why it's been short for so many years!

Becky Chatwin said...

I felt pretty when I was 21....JK. I honestly feel pretty when my husband tells me I look nice. He is the one to impress so I feel triumphant when he gives me nice compliments.

Rena said...

Going on a run makes me feel pretty. It makes my eyes light up. So even though I'm sweaty and stinky, I feel pretty because I've just done something great for my body.

Francais Frit said...

I have to agree with Rena. I always feel best after a good work out. So you can do the math on how long it has been since I have felt pretty....
Glad you are so cheerful at the end, you're my example!
Off to eat some cheese covered french fries....

Tara said...

I love reading your blog Julia!

I feel pretty when I see a picture of myself and I don't have a double chin! (Doesn't happen very often :))

Jessica Jane said...

Shaven legs, when my son says "nice rings, Mom" (earrings), and a new perfectly fitting me dress.

Brenda said...

I feel pretty when I "do" my hair...AND if I actually put make-up on. I always try to make sure I do this every morning, but....on the occasion when I think I can make an early run to the store without my hair and makeup done and without seeing anyone, I see EVERYONE!...the whole ward is there to witness my BEAUTY!

Rochelle said...

I feel pretty when my husband looks at me like I am the most gorgeous thing he has ever seen and tells me I am beautiful. Sometimes I look at him like he is crazy and say "seriously?" At least he is still "happy" with the aging me right?
I'm probably too late, but commenting anyway.